Long time no see…
I haven’t written a blog for a very long time, mainly because real life took over, which unfortunately is my excuse for most things these days. Since I wrote my last blog so much has changed, I’m going to tell you and I’m going to do it in a list because today I learnt the importance of lists. Lists are clean and organised, everything I aspire to be, so here we go:
- I’m not longer living in Spain – I left Menorca at the end of August and came back to England. I wasn’t necessarily upset about this, I feel like I’d achieved everything I could in the time I was there. Sometimes it’s okay to admit defeat and realise that although a place is paradise on paper, if your heart isn’t there with you then it’s never going to be paradise to you. Watch this space for an upcoming blog about this!!
- I have a new job – My job requires me watching TV, playing on Facebook and tweeting along to my favourite TV shows. I do wish it was that easy but that’s the basic role of a Social Media Coordinator. I’m now based in Manchester, the heart of Britain’s media and I work for a fantastic company called Social Media Makes Sense. We cover productions such as Victoria, Poldark & Endeavour and we’re continuously expanding. Follow us on Twitter & Instagram: Smms_guru
- I split up with my boyfriend – this one is rather irrelevant but I’m including it because after having him in my life for nearly 5 years this is a major turning point for me. We understood mutually that we needed to become our own person and that wasn’t possible when you’re 110% reliable on someone else. Boys – who needs em?
- I’m now 20 years old. I can no longer justify my bad mood on being a teen, I’m taking new and bigger steps. I’m renting a house, I have bills and, for the first time in my life, I’m starting to empathise with my parents. Ew.
- I’m changing the theme of my blog. Before it was a travel blog, now… it’s not. I don’t know what the theme is going to be but please be patient and after a few attempts maybe I’ll work it out. Maybe. Give me a shout if you have any ideas/requests/cute pictures of dogs.
I hope that you’ll continue to support my journey although it is no longer taking me to such exotic places. (Follow me on Instagram if you want to see what I’ve really been up to: Lottie_rae)
For now I’m going to drink some green tea, have a bath and get some sleep.
Lots of love, Lottie xoxo